Botanical Garden

As a part of my recent road trip across the Western part of the US, I spent a few days in San Francisco, CA. Some very sweet friends of ours let us crash in their living room and we got to explore quite a few places on our visit. One of my favorite places in San Francisco was the Botanical Gardens in Golden Gate Park. It was $7 to get in, but only 5 with our student ID's (yes, I still have and sometimes use my college ID). Totally worth it. It is like the zoo, but for plants. There were plants from all over the world. Of course it took me almost 4 hours to walk through because I just couldn't stop taking pictures! Luckily, they let you leave for lunch and use your receipt to get back in. This post is dedicated entirely to the things that I saw in the gardens. There will be more posts to come that illustrates other parts of our adventure, but for now, I hope you enjoy the sight of these plants and animals as much as I did. 





















As an art teacher, I couldn't help but think of Claude Monet when I saw this lily pond!



I had to snap this shot of a friendly and brave little squirrel for my Australian roomie, Chantel! I hope she sees this and knows that I still think of her every time I see a squirrel.




My husband, Nathan, pointed out this little sprout. He knows I love cute, tiny details. 



Stay tuned- more adventures to come!

Comments